No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Latticino (or) Zanfirico (or) Filigree Bowl ??  (Read 2649 times)

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Latticino (or) Zanfirico (or) Filigree Bowl ??
« on: October 26, 2011, 01:55:12 PM »
                    and  :chky:

My first!!  .... and not sure what is the correct name of it?? 

I bought this at the Collectible show from the same people I had bought that Paul Kedelv 1953 bowl from a few years ago.

Anyways, I am pretty sure 99 % sure this is older Murano (I hope).  It is about 7 inches wide, and about 2.75 inches tall.  Weighs about 2.2 pounds.  I suppose it is an ashtray with the Tri-folds on it.  So one can call it either an ashtray or a bowl, I think.  Super condition!!  I always get to that show as soon as it opens up.  I love it!!!  Now any info on it?  The maker or the age of it?  I am hoping it is old!  What is the correct name of this as I have been looking around on the Net and have found all these different words to describe it.....but yet have not found an exact match to this.....yet

Thanks
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: Latticino (or) Zanfirico (or) Filigree Bowl ??
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2011, 03:44:51 PM »
Nice piece, Rose. It's Zanfirico and it looks to be older. No idea of maker, though.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 11:35:16 AM »
Nice piece, Rose. It's Zanfirico and it looks to be older. No idea of maker, though.

David

Thanks David...

Might this be the same one Here - Worthpoint .  Is so it does say there Fratelli Toso 1950's.

Looks like maybe a match, IMO (mind you that has no FT label on it for a true ID)??   

:24:      If it is Fratelli Toso, I think it is kinda funny here that when I do find Murano -- it seems quite often I find Fratelli Toso things.  We must have a *thing* going   on....LOL

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 01:14:17 PM »
Very nice bowl!  What a good find!   :hiclp:

tam bam

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
FT is certainly one strong possibility, but I wouldn't put too much faith in that Worthpoint attribution. "This form can be see in many Italian glass books," isn't very specific and I couldn't see it in Pin'as book on FT.  The heaviness and shape of the bowl is very FT, but other companies did the same.

I think it's a great find as I love these pieces.  I'm always amazed that the craftsmanship that went it to them and the fact they're relatively affordable today.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
Yes, it is Fratelli Toso. I have a picture of a bowl almost like this one, but with blue instead of brown, and the rim is tucked to create a shallow trifoil. Same rim and pattern, though. The picture I have has a blue Fratelli Toso label. (Not my picture, so can't include it here)
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »

Quote author=TxSilver: Yes, it is Fratelli Toso. I have a picture of a bowl almost like this one, but with blue instead of brown, and the rim is tucked to create a shallow trifoil. Same rim and pattern, though. The picture I have has a blue Fratelli Toso label. (Not my picture, so can't include it here) and....   

Quote author=antiquerose123 If it is Fratelli Toso, I think it is kinda funny here that when I do find Murano -- it seems quite often I find Fratelli Toso things.  We must have a *thing* going   on....LOL

Thanks for the true ID here!!  I love it!!                 

Would that be 1950-ish ?? or so??     I got it for just over $30, so I was happy.     They had wanted $45 for it but I have bought from these people before and they remember me.   Said I was a good customer.  Glad I got there the first thing in the morning too.

I must have an eye for Fratelli Toso........well sometimes ...LOL

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 02:52:33 PM »
Hi,
imho it is pratically impossible to tell at 100% who's the maker. There were so many master glassmakers working with that kind of zanfirico canes and that kind of shape.
Anyway it is a nice piece. It looks pretty old (colors, thikness, etc.). And in case it is a contemporary production and not a vintage piece, it is very well done in the "old style".
There are several cheaper contemporary productions, very very similar, but not with so nice, detailed and sophisticate kind of Zanfinico canes.
The canes are the main "topic" for this piece. Really, really nice. I have seen some glassworks with similar canes in the Pauly old stock.

Sincerely

directly from Murano....
Alex
www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand