No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is my lamp murano  (Read 2429 times)

Offline mc3378

• Members
Is my lamp murano
« on: October 24, 2011, 11:41:39 PM »
I got this lamp a few months ago and I am hoping it is murano. The glass part of the lamp is 16 inches tall. Thanks for any information I get.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Is my lamp murano
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 02:39:48 AM »
IMHO, I think it is!  :thup:

Can we get some closer pics (clearer) images....and where the glass meets the bottom (is it Marble, or brass).  Did you get one, or a Pair?  Well Done, I think!!    Here is a Super Site on some Murano Lamps

Makes one drool  :phew: anytime I look at it -- even with a working set of Lamps here hiding in the closet. 

I love that Site!!!
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline mc3378

• Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 03:17:31 AM »
The lamp has a brass base. Hopefully this picture is better I have to make them smaller for this site to take them. Thanks

Offline mc3378

• Members
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 03:21:49 AM »
Well I now see the new picture looks even smaller I had to resize 3 times before the site would take it any ideas.

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2011, 03:55:41 AM »
Can we get some closer pics (clearer) images....and where the glass meets the bottom (is it Marble, or brass).  Did you get one, or a Pair?  Well Done, I think!!    Here is a Super Site on some Murano Lamps .      Makes one drool  :phew: anytime I look at it -- even with a working set of Lamps here hiding in the closet. 

Have a peek around on that above site -- just *Click* where it is *Blue to give you a link to some amazing Lamps.
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 06:27:55 AM »
Dont let Rosie see that duck , gorgeous creature . the ducks not bad either . :24: PS Nice lamp .

Offline mc3378

• Members
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 04:17:44 PM »
Thanks I really like my duck, to bad one of the feet has a chip. Which is why it cost $1.99, but it still looks good.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand