No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Stella Polaris - Koristepullo  (Read 4071 times)

Offline scavo

• Members
Re: Stella Polaris - Koristepullo
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,42781.msg238230.html#msg238230

I started a thread about my 'fake italian' Polaris and I came to the conclusion was that they are licensed rather than fake.

About stoppers: my stopper is glass not plastic. I don't know if this adds anything new to the debate?

Offline robert1960

• Members
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2011, 04:01:46 PM »
When I said plastic ferrules I meant the part that goes in the neck.
All Riihimaen stoppers I've seen are cork.

Offline scavo

• Members
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 04:25:08 PM »
OK. I''ve just asked Ivo in another thread if he is talking about the bit that goes on the stopper rather than the actual stopper.

But those are add on bits can be replaced.

Also it can become a headache as in the 2nd hand market false stoppers could be added.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
I started a thread about my 'fake italian' Polaris and I came to the conclusion was that they are licensed rather than fake.

To be licensed they would have to be identical and they're not. That is the point of a license. To be a fake there has to be intent to deceive, and we don't know about that. If your "whatever" is in neodymium or uranium glass, an Italian origin is unlikely. The use of neodymium and uranium in Italy seems to be restricted to handworked rather than mould-blown items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand