No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Royal Fan Glasses ID: Pukeberg  (Read 2979 times)

Sid not logged in

Royal Fan Glasses ID: Pukeberg
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:20:54 PM »
Hello:

I am trying to track down the maker of the stemware pattern that many collectors call Royal Fan.  I have seen it attributed to Stevens and Williams and Pukeburg.  Neither attribution was verifiable by the author.  We do know that the design was patented in the US on April 19, 1927 as D72,506 by Jules Venon of New York, N.Y.  Apparently, Mr. Venon was an importer.  I have provided a picture of a wine and the patent drawing of the design.

Thank you for your help.

Sid

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sid.lethbridge/Royal_Fan_Stem.jpg

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sid.lethbridge/royal_fan_patent_CU.JPG

Offline paradisetrader

• Members
Royal Fan Glasses ID: Pukeberg
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 11:42:16 PM »
Hi Sid
Im not into stemware but I remembered this and when I just opened my Scandi book (Scandinavian Glass - Creative Energies - William Geary) bingo there it was p158 under Pukeberg.
The pic is of a different glass shape but the pattern is un-mistakably the same as yours and the pic is "Courtesy of Pukeberg".
It looks to me like a sherry or port glass but difficult to tell as it doesnt give the size. The base and stem are smoke and the bowl is a lovely pale golden yellow.
Hope this helps
Pete

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Royal Fan Glasses ID: Pukeberg
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 11:37:21 PM »
Original images have vanished. Sid, do you still have these please? If so could you email me copies and I'll them back to the post above for you. Cheers!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand