No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lednicke Rovne vase  (Read 2869 times)

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
Lednicke Rovne vase
« on: October 29, 2011, 12:37:34 PM »
Finally found a Lednicke Rovne spiked, smokey green vase at an affordable prize :rah:

Any idea who designed it?
It should be either Jaroslav Taraba or Karol Holosko, I guess.
Unfortunately I could not find much in CGR; there is one article on Lednicke Rovne in CGR 1969/1, and the clostest in style is the amber jardiniere by Karol Holosko.

@Anik: I do think that your amber vase with :no: interior could well be from LR; there was a thread about an amber spiked LR vase here on the board, and my vase does have a similar shaped interior to yours.

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Lednicke Rovne vase
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 03:13:24 PM »
Michael, that's a great vase in a fantastic colour.  I think you've solved a mystery as one of my 'unknowns' (bought from a person in Slovakia) appears to be its feminine cousin in blue.  As for my amber 'interior well' vase, I did think it was Lednicke Rovne, based on its similarity to that vase/jardiniere in the 1969/1 CGR. :)   Now if we could only get confirmation.

P.S.  I apologize for the poor quality of my photos, but I've just taken them for this thread, and it's dark outside.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 06:43:57 PM »
Very nice, Anik -- never have seen one of these in blue! :)

I like this range; seems that every piece is a llittle different. >> link

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 09:12:38 AM »
I do wish we had more information on LR and catalogues.  Most of the LR featured in the CGR is glassware. There is hardly anything on their more artistic production.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 03:25:56 PM »
That's true, Anik -- seems that there was some nice glass produced apart from the stemware.

Only thing I can add is what Leslie Jackson writes in her book "20th century factory glass":
...Also during the 1960s, Taraba designed coloured vases and bowls with simple forms, sometimes free-blown with restrained, organic shapes, sometimes mould-blown with regular, thin-walled forms....
So maybe Taraba is more likely than Holosko as a designer for this range?

Michael

BTW, check out my picasa gallery, I added a very nice Vizner vase (PN 13181)  to my Sklo Union collection :rah:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 04:07:34 PM »
Ah, thank you for the citation -- I haven't got Leslie Jackson's book, so it's great to get a little more information about the (possible) designer.  I wonder if Jindrich could tell us more?

By the way, love your Vizner piece...  I haven't got one, nor have I ever seen one in real life, but it's just my thing -- masculine and heavy.  And it's in my most favourite (non)colour for pressed glass. :mrgreen: Truly wonderful find, Michael!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 04:24:12 PM »
There seem to be not so many of these around (at least on the web).

If you find a coloured one I would gladly swap! :)

Michael

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand