No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pavel Homolka  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Pavel Homolka
« on: October 30, 2011, 05:53:08 PM »
Dear Czechoslovakian glass friends,
I would like to present you another Czechoslovakian glass designer, Mr. Pavel Homolka. Here are presented id atelier pieces made by unique technique developed by himself.
The other interesting point is that Pavel has for 19 years worked in Crystalex as designer and has many catalogues and also knowledge about it. Moreover he is very nice and friendly person, so I hope I will get some more resources from him.

Here are pictures from opening his exhibition in galery Dorka West Bohemian town Domazlice

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/PavelHomolkaGalerieDorkaDomazlice29102011?authkey=Gv1sRgCNL-tJX5wfyqlwE#

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Pavel Homolka
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 08:25:07 PM »
Thank you, Jindrich.  I always enjoy looking at your exhibition photos.  Though Mr. Homolka's designs are truly interesting, and I love how light is used with some of them, I'm afraid I don't quite understand his art.  Is it supposed to represent the modern industrial age, or archaeological finds of a far away past?  Confusing, but 1000% fascinating.

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 11:56:03 PM »
Always interesting, Jindrich.  Are they cast glass?  It almost looks like like sand mould becomes part of the piece.  It is a unique approach and I'd love to see them in person as well as find out how they're made.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:55:40 AM »
It certainly does look like the sand mould is part of the piece... but I've got a question.  If packed sand is used, wouldn't it make the piece highly susceptible to the atmospheric conditions of the room?  Wouldn't the lack of humidity make the sand part crumble away?  Also, with some pieces, it looks like something more similar to concrete is used.  Is that true?  And the pyramid appears to have something which is neither sand nor concrete(-like)... it appears to have earth. 

As I said before, fascinating work.

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 07:23:41 AM »
Exactly, it is casted glass to mold from based on styren, Pavel removes only part of mold and the rest he uses as a part of design.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 08:27:02 AM »
 :angel: :angel:

Unique  ...  and that's art.  Not all for me, though some are.   :hiclp:

a2

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia