No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Davidson Pearline - odd shape - whatizzit?  (Read 3280 times)

Offline Jim Sapp

• Members
    • http://www.fairylampclub.com
Re: Davidson Pearline - odd shape - whatizzit?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2011, 12:35:57 PM »
I would be interested in knowing the diameter of the metal ring.  Clarke commissioned a series of mirrors to display his fairy lamps.  If the mirrored plaque was designed for a fairy lamp, it will be stamped "Clarke" on the inside of the metal ring.  Personally, I do not think the Davison posey holder is original to the mirrored plaque.

Jim
www.fairylampclub.com

Offline angel2

• Members
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
 :angel: :angel:

Nor do I Jim.  :)

angel2

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 02:42:27 PM »
I've emailed the owner and asked about the diameter + any markings, I'll post here if I hear anything.

Offline Wayne

• Members
    • 20th Century Glass
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 10:45:08 AM »
Received a reply, unfortunately I don't think it will help much sorry:

"I actually do not have the item any longer, sold it to a collector who also had a blue one like it. From memory the vase could not be removed from the metal holder as it had a glass ring above and beneath where the metal ring fitted. It was all part of the same vase not separate. I only remember this as I planned to take it apart to clean the vase but was unsuccessful. Further than I am afraid, I cannot help you."

Offline UKGLASS

• Members
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 05:11:05 PM »
Holy Water? or did they always have the crucifix?

Offline Jim Sapp

• Members
    • http://www.fairylampclub.com
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
I guess I should show you a few examples of mirrored plaques designed for fairy lamps.  They come in a variety of sizes with one ore more fairy lamps. (I ahve seen as many as six on a mirrored plaque.)  Some have brass rings to support the lamp amd others has glass epergne-like arms.  It you look carefully at the ring, it is round on the outside and flat on the inside.  This is typical of Clarke's designs.

The rings come in two sizes, Fairy (approx. 3"d.) and Pyramid (approx. 2"d.)  All are stamped "Clarke" on the inside. 

Jim.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand