No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Odd blue dog...  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Crazed and cackled

• Members
Odd blue dog...
« on: November 02, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
I bought a job lot of glass and found this in it. A friend said they thought it was Murano - but I guess that get's said a lot!

I've google imagined my eyeballs out and found nothing like it, at least not the same. It appeals to me because it has a black nose, given the colour of the glass, this seemed an extra, almost needless but lovely detail.

My apologies for posting while so doubtful it's Murano, but I figured here would be my best bet to understand why it isn't and what it might be. So here's the dog:

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Odd blue dog...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 04:13:42 PM »
I haven't seen this particular dog. The eyes and general body form make me think of ICET Arte Murano of Venezuela. They make glass that is modeled on the Murano designs. I'm not sure, but ICET would be my first guess.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Crazed and cackled

• Members
Re: Odd blue dog...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »
Hi Anita and thanks for the response. I got back late last night from an evening flea market and clickety clicked a google image search for ICET glass dog. After 10 minutes of blinding confusion over why I was getting pictures of women in hot pants and gun crime I realised that google doesn't know ICET from Ice-T, the rapper!

Adding Murano brought up another hound from here and a few more transparent results between the rapper's harem - still no pooch quite like mine though. I gave up and gave in to the remains of a bottle of red wine, my odd blue dog on the mantelpiece looking at me with his surprised expression (like someone is taking his temperature!) and very sweet doggy nose. I think he might stay, at the very least till I know enough to swing him a real home.

The search continues....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand