No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bagley ER set flower troughs  (Read 1216 times)

Offline mrs vulture

• Members
    • Norwich, England
Bagley ER set flower troughs
« on: November 03, 2011, 02:50:34 AM »
Hi, Another car boot find. (£1)The young lady selling these told me they were jelly moulds!!!  Even though the R would be back to front when you tipped it out. ;D I tried telling her they were flower troughs but she wouldn't have it. Any way, I know they are made by Bagley but can anyone tell me how long the missing  'II' s should be. Just in case I can make up the full set. (not very likely) The letters are just over 6 inches tall. Not uranium green. I have found an interesting old thread about this set but it would be lovely to complete the set of four pieces. Just an interesting item.  Thanks ,Cheryl

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Steve Jarvis

• Members
Re: Bagley ER set flower troughs
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:37:09 PM »
You lucky person you!! A fantastic find of a very rare piece. I 've been collecting Bagley for many years and was lucky enough to obtain this set, but it is the only one I have seen. Even the Bagley book by Angela , Derek and Betty Parsons illustrates only a part set. I have tried to attached a photo of my set to show the size of the small troughs, but cannot make the file small enough (Any suggestions gladly received)[I think I may have done it!]. They actually measure about 8 by 3 cm each. Good luck finding these (that was not meant to sound sarcastic!)
Steve

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:40:51 PM »
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 11:35:00 PM »
Hello Steve and welcome to the board. Thanks for adding the pic of your complete set to the topic, they are not often seen complete as you said.  Is it just Bagley you collect?

It's worth mentioning that the 3rd Edition (dated 2010) of Bagley Glass (Bowey, Parsons & Parsons) does have a photo of a complete set - also in frosted green, although the colour of the II pieces is slightly more yellowy than the colour of the E & the R.  It's interesting to see Cheryl's in clear green. I wonder what other colours they came in?

Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand