No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard Per Lutkin  (Read 1633 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Holmegaard Per Lutkin
« on: November 05, 2011, 07:54:41 AM »
1950s Holmegaard vase signed and dated to base - Per Lutkin - one side is less equal to other, a bit lopsided - is this a detraction or pretty normal

Thanks Adam

Offline ahremck

• Members
Re: Holmegaard Per Lutkin
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:29:26 AM »
Entirely normal Adam. :D  Your vase is called "Menuet" and is loosely known as a bio-morphic shape - that is life shaped.  Shapes like Fionia and Selandia are good examples where the actual maker simply created to a style and not to a mould.  if you look up http://www.glassphotographs.com/ , which is the way I get to Yobunny, and look at my gallery on page 9 of the galleries, then look up page 3 of my gallery for Scandinavian - Denmark you can see lots of his work. And only about half is anywhere symmetrical.

Ross
I bamle all snileplg eorrrs on the Cpomuter Kyes.  They confuse my fingers !!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand