No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: any ideas of age Mark 3 ID = US Glass "Bullseye and Fan"  (Read 4808 times)

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
any ideas of age Mark 3 ID = US Glass "Bullseye and Fan"
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:30:53 PM »
Hi again,
Here's another one, a goblet and this  time in pressed glass and standing at 6" tall. i purchased this last Autumn because I liked the shape and it has now become my very own wine glass ( it holds much more than my Wife's!)
http://i2.tinypic.com/qqzbth.jpg
Thanks again,
Bryn (not Brian)

Mod: The image link above is broken. If you own the piece and still have a photograph, please contact a moderator so that we can restore the image to the thread.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:24:18 PM »
looks like circa 1900 to me but a word of caution: you should be sipping your wine out of an elegant crystal bucket, ordinary glass will blister your lips.

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 06:53:07 PM »
Then so shall it come to pass, but not without an equally elegant silver (plated) thimble for the good woman. Fairs fair after all!! :lol:
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:29:03 PM »
Bryn, your goblet is an Early American Pattern Glass made by U.S. Glass. The pattern name is Bullseye and Fan and is also known as Daises in Oval panels. It is illustrated in the 1904 Catalog and again in the 1915-1919 export catalog of the U.S Glass company. Hope this helps Terry

Offline lyndhurst44

• Members
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 11:39:31 PM »
Hi Terry,
Many thanks for your info, much appreciated.
Cheers,
Bryn (not Brian)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 10:38:18 AM »
:shock::shock::shock:

I know I had a couple of these - inherited from mother. I can't find them. I must have given them to a charity shop - I thought they were modern. :oops:

Bryn - you're not meant to fill your glass to the top with wine - you're meant to leave space at the top for the aroma to collect in. Before you take a swig, you fill your nose with the scent. :D
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Leni

• Members
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2006, 12:05:26 PM »
Quote from: "chopin-liszt"
Bryn - you're not meant to fill your glass to the top with wine - you're meant to leave space at the top for the aroma to collect in. Before you take a swig, you fill your nose with the scent. :D

Yeah, but that just means you need an extra big glass, so's you can leave the space and still get lots of wine   :wink:  :lol:  :oops:  :roll:
Leni

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
any ideas of age Mark 3
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »
:lol::lol::lol:

Yup! That's how I got Allister Malcolm to make Michael's glasses!
(I'm only allowed the sniffing bit, sniff!).

(Still no camera, further sniffs.)
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand