No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Thomas Webb cut bullseye vase  (Read 2549 times)

Offline dorian_graye

• Members
Thomas Webb cut bullseye vase
« on: November 15, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
I bought this for really cheap.  I kind of thought that Webb was a good brand.  I don't think this is a very desirable form, but I like the cutting on this one.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Thomas Webb cut bullseye vase
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:29:39 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: not seen that before,very nice find ;D

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 01:36:53 PM »
Nice find!  :clap:  I have a Webb 'Bullseye' vase similar this one (but in Uranium green - from the 'Gay Glass' range) cut with 'Waterlily', and at the National Glass Fair last Sunday I saw another 'Bullseye' vase cut with a Waterlily pattern which was different from mine.  Now I see yours, cut with a more geometric design! 

It seems Webb 'Bullseye' vases were cut with many different designs, as well as being left with plain 'Bullseyes' - and I notice that the basic vase shape also varied! :D Isn't this fun?  How many different variations can we find? ;D
Leni

Offline Kevin B

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:59:17 PM »
I have 2 Webb vases that shape but I think bigger.  One is a clear bullseye and the other uranium green with a wave pattern.  I have never seen that kind of cutting on any Webb vases.  As yours is marked Made in England Webb, then that dates it 1936 to 1949.  At least according to the book Glass Signatures Trademarks and Trade Names by Anne Geffken Pullin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand