No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Enamelled vase  (Read 3985 times)

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Enamelled vase
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2006, 05:32:43 PM »
That is nice, it means that such pieces should be being sought out after tonights listing :lol:

Offline Jay

• Members
    • http://www.hogelandshoeve.be
Enamelled vase
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2006, 06:27:15 PM »
Ivo.
Can I be a klutz and ask for some more info about 'terzo fuoco'.
what is it, and why is it different to Boom's technique?

It's not a term I can find in my A-Z of Glass, but maybe my eyes are squiffy from the magnifying glass!
Dutch and Flemish 20th Century Factory Glass

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Enamelled vase
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:20 PM »
Terzo Fuoco (fired three times) is the enameling technique for thick enamel in combination with gold. It requires that a piece be fired three times with very careful temperature control; one for the regular annealing, one for baking the enamel and one for firing on the gilding. The technique is widely in use in the Czech republic where most raised enamel pieces originate from; it is technically identical to the Italian produced items, though stylistically there are some differences.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand