No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Jaroslav Svoboda  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Jaroslav Svoboda
« on: November 16, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
Dear friends, you probably know Mr. Jaroslav Svoboda as Skrdlovice designer. I would like to present Jaroslav Svoboda as studio glass designer as well.
Here are some pictures from his yesterday opening at very honour place in Prague, Charles University just oposite to Estate Theater.

https://picasaweb.google.com/Jindra8526/JaroslavSvobodaOpeningPrague15112011?authkey=Gv1sRgCOOBxJT6wIrjlgE#

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Jaroslav Svoboda
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 02:46:01 PM »
Beautiful glass. I particularly like the red and blue cube sculpture toward the bottom of the page. That is magnificent.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
Jindrich, thank you again for sharing.  Wonderful work, and as Anita wrote, beautiful glass.  I especially like the green sphere (exhibit #63 picture 57) and the amber 'owl' (exhibit #39 picture 67).

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
Jindrich:

Thanks for some great photographs of some wonderful glass. Svoboda must have incredible energy and creative vision, given what he's achieved in his life.  What price range are we looking at for his work? 

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 05:32:52 AM »
Good question David,
the exhibition in Prague does not offer pieces for sale. The aim was to remmember 55 years of Jaroslav Svoboda in glass industry. In fact, I never was interested in price of his pieces, becouse I knew that it is surely out of my range.

I will check it with Mr. Jaroslav soon, he invited Sonia and me to longer chat and some meal in his glasswork in Karlov near Zdar. We promissed to come before Christams.

Jindrich
www.cs-sklo.cz

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »
I thought they might be out of my league, although I could dream.  I was just looking at a Paul Marioni exhibition in Seattle where the prices were $20,000 minimum and I prefer Svoboda's work. Oh well, at least I've got the photographs of them and a couple of pieces of his designs for Skrdlovice. His PN 7233/26 sits proudly on a coffee table.  Enjoy your visit and I hope you manage to take some photographs.

David 
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 08:30:01 AM »
... and I've got his magnificent lampbase 7128/28 (which is still pretending to be a vase on my shelf).

Offline 4hbabies

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 02:09:52 PM »
Dear Jindra,

After browsing your web, we know you are familiar with all the Czech glass producers and designers.  We are a company formed in Asia and our core business is supply lighting for hospitality projects inside China.  We currently have many works and inquiries for artist Czech glasses.  We would like to know if you are interest in cooperation with us to provide your professionalism by offering reliable glass makers and glass artist/designers.

We can talk in details for our colloboration if you find it is interesting.  You can always contact me under my email : hillaryhau@lucente.asia

Await for your reply.

HH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand