No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: lovely Monart vase but what about the price??  (Read 3749 times)

Offline millarart

• Members
lovely Monart vase but what about the price??
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:02:26 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monart-Glass-Vase-Moncrieff-Art-Glass-Collectible-Gold-Green-Yellow-Swirl-/290633595221?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43ab1cb955
is it just me that thinks this is way too pricey, love the vase and would love to add it to my collection just dont love the buy it now price, i did ask the seller if the price was correct incase there had been a mistake with the listing, got my reply assuring me price was correct as they had the piece appraised and they KNOW the value, now what im asking you in here is this, is it just me who thinks that their appraisal is way way off and that the seller may have been well and truly wrongly advised, the reason i ask is that there seems to have been in the past a few pieces from across the water that have had massive values put on them by their owners, i recall a bowl that may still be on in common colourway that had a buy it now price of around $3200 , am i missing something , does Monart bring these kind of prices in these countries, im sure they dont infact i know they dont but someone must think they do,(also these kind of valuations must bump up overseas owners insurance) let me know your views on this matter , just curious to see what others think, or is it just me being a misserable old scotsman whos too afraid to dig deep into his sporran ;D
who needs Revatio when you have a collection of Monart

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: lovely Monart vase but what about the price??
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:11:45 PM »
I'd be snorting at a label price of £200 Gary, which would be a bit more reasonable - but I'd expect a good discount.
Monart isn't making what it used to - and while this is lovely - it's not a particularly scarce piece.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline MHJ02

• Members
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:54 PM »
Far too expensive, Gary.   I would have said around £300 - colour combination is great - what makes it more unusual is the whorls and pattern is around the middle of the vase which in my humble opinion would bump up the price a bit.  Too pricey for me, but I like it.

Mary

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 01:23:19 PM »
thanks Sue and Mary
                      i was thinking around 180 to 220 tops,

Offline Gary

• Members
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 02:08:22 PM »
Well over priced for what it is, the shape (MF) is one of the most commonest shapes that Monart produced, the colourway (465B) is not so common, I have seen one other example of that colour code in OJ shaped vase and that was sold 2011 for £120 at T.R. Callan auction house in Ayr.
Gary

Offline MHJ02

• Members
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 02:13:25 PM »
if 2 people want it, the price will go up, if not, then someone could get a bargain if only the seller put a realistic price on it to start wirth  :24:  :chky: ;D

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 02:32:58 PM »
i had another message from the seller telling me that they have been in the auction and glass buisness since they were a kid and that they had the piece looked at and valued from a professional so they wouldnt bother asking on ysart glass site or on here as i had suggested to them for a second opinion, :help: lol

Offline MHJ02

• Members
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »
INSURANCE VALUE !!!!!!!!!!! :girlcheer: >:D

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery

Offline millarart

• Members
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand