No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: This isn't Holmegaard, is it?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
This isn't Holmegaard, is it?
« on: March 05, 2006, 07:55:36 PM »
I know Lutken did some (uncased) vases in a broadly similar shape for HG, but I can't find one which exactly matches this:

AUCTION

It looks quite modern to me. Any ideas?

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 10:10:47 PM »
I thought the same Nic.  I'm not that familiar with all the Holmegaard shapes, but I thought this looked a bit shiny and thin somehow.   :?  Still, someone obviously liked it!  :shock:

Maybe the Cancer Research shop have a new line?!  Cor, imagine paying £162, then finding it for £5.99 in a charity shop.   :shock:
I am not a man

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 10:16:01 PM »
If my morals were a little looser I'd be buying up the stock of Cancer Research and TK Maxx and reselling them on eBay...  :lol:

Not that I'm saying this seller is purposefully trying to misguide buyers - they did have a genuine piece of HG Carnaby on last week (tiny vase in white glass that went for a staggering £242! Such is the way of eBay, I bought an identical one for £50 a couple of days later).

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 10:25:05 PM »
(tiny vase in white glass that went for a staggering £242! Such is the way of eBay, I bought an identical one for £50 a couple of days later).

Bonkers!  :shock:  Just putting things in the wrong section affects price so much too or mis-spellings.  I could spend days looking up 'Varse, Chrystal, Singed' (signed...lol).

:lol:
I am not a man

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 10:45:26 PM »
There are literally hundreds of bargains out there to be had if you're prepared to stretch your brain a bit thinking of various mispellings of big glassworks.

Although simple things like "red vase" will usually bring up a dozen or more listings of Whitefriars and Riihimaen finishing at a couple of pounds.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand