No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: AriaMotion Chinese Glass company info - suppliers to SIA and Ikea amongst others  (Read 3844 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Searching for something else I came upon this information for a company called AriaMotion, Dalian, China (and another of their brands called Casamotion).
Since there is little information available at the moment when trying to understand who made what, either if it is Chinese glass or glass branded under a wholesaler, then I thought for future info this was interesting.
I copied the info from their website in case the link becomes inactive in future - I hope this is ok.  One of the pieces I was looking at is sold in multiples of a minimum of 300 order and they say they can produce 99,999 of that item per year!

'Ariamotion,establised in 2002,is one of the largest companies specialized in decorative handmade glassware in China.We have 2 wholly-owned factories in Dalian China mainland with employees more than 500,and have established long term cooperation with twenty more glassware factories in north China.

During the 7 years OEM/ODM cooperation with our partners all over the world,we have become a well-know & professional hand made glassware supplier in China. Also we have built a firm business relationship with many world-renowned glass brand such as Leonardo,Sia,IKEA in Europe,Pottery Barn,Crate & Barrel in USA,BOB in Japan,etc,and won their praised of high quality,design,service & development capability.

Especially,from 2006,we have built OBM brand Casamotion,which made us able to provide retail service to our customers.

Thank you for visit us and we look forward your cooperating opportunity!

ARIAMOTION (DALIAN) CO., LTD.'

m

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
M, thanks for the info. Trying to identify the output of the many Chinese glassworks is a mammoth task - how I wish someone could take that on board! :)

Meanwhile, I find the Alibaba web site fascinating, as you can search for glass or a particular type of glass item and it returns all makers who offer them in each country you select, often with pics. http://www.alibaba.com/ It's worth browsing every now and again just to see what's being made and where.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Anne thanks, that's a great site  :sun: I do think that many of the vases on there, I would instinctively know were modern mass production, but there are definitely some that I'm sure would fool -  I noticed there are a few that are called 'antique imitation' - they're pretty nice pieces.  Many of them sell for US $1-2 and are minimum hundreds orders. I can't begin to imagine how many must be around in the quantities that they can be produced in - the mind boggles.
m

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Always worth sending these companies an e-mail suggesting signatures, designer identification etc. I know most of the co's they list will not want marked glass but always worth letting them know we want it!

Also a lot of the Chinese glass sellers are matketing companies... particularly on AliBaba.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand