No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Black glass bottle id needed  (Read 7253 times)

Offline Tabatha

• Members
Re: Black glass bottle id needed
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2006, 10:13:29 AM »
I put the bottle on last night, with the help they give me on that site. They advised me to put a start price of £99.00, which I did - and just checked my listing and Ive got a bid! I am shocked  :shock: !

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Tabatha

• Members
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 02:17:24 PM »
Hi

Does anyone know the best way of photographing my black glass bottle. I have tried just about everywhere, but its so reflective they are all turning out horrid.

I was trying to take piccys of the bottle from each angle out in the daylight, this is the best I can do:  :cry: Do you think they will be ok like this?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/TopsyCat/bottle3.jpg

Also, are these big air bubbles?

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/TopsyCat/bubbles.jpg

Thanks, Sarah  :cry:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline JC

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2006, 03:57:31 AM »
Hi Sarah, do you have an area where you are out in the daylight but not directly in the sun, somewhere like a verandah or under the shade of a tree. I find I get my best pics, taking them on our  verandah in the mornings, where the sun does not directly shine onto the item and no flash.
I have been told, but have never used this method, to rub vaseline on reflective items you want to photograph.
Julie  :)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2006, 06:57:41 AM »
Vaseline can be hard to control, there are special matting sprays you can buy or what is often used is paste-up spray from graphics suppliers. The latter is a very gentle adhesive so tends to pick up any dust in the air, wipes off easily and does not harm paper. A circular polarising filter also works well.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand