No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Bowl with Greek Key design  (Read 373 times)

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Uranium Bowl with Greek Key design
« on: November 29, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
Hello all, Im looking for a maker on this bowl. It is 8.5cm in height and 10.5cm across the top. I have seen a smaller version on an American Listing calling it Depression Glass but no names. Im assuming that Depression is a term used in America for 1930's glass (my school taught me something after all) Is this a bowl or a pot with a missing lid. It glows really bright under UV.
  Im pleased to say I managed to ID a butter dish all by myself  :smg: The 'czechoslovakia' name on it gave me a clue ;D I will include a pic just for interest as I have also managed to sort out uploading photo's ! I got Stoltze 1930's as a maker. Thanks again GMB. Will mention GMB on my listings for all the help this site gives. Pete
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline jsmeasell

• Author
  • Members
Re: Uranium Bowl with Greek Key design
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
L. E. Smith Glass Co., Mt. Pleasant, Pennsylvania, USA. Both sizes are pictured on p. 322 of the big Weatherman Depression glass book.
James Measell, Historian
Fenton Art Glass Co.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline petet63

• Members
    • Crystal Art Glass
    • UK
    • My eBay Sales
Re: Uranium Bowl with Greek Key design
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 11:48:14 AM »
I think I need a bit more detail than that !!  ;D. Thank you very much.  I shouldnt be amazed at the amount of knowledge on here but I still am. I am learning all the time and as I pay very little for the glass I find ie: 50p for the Greek Key design and £2 for the butter dish  :), I can sell the pieces I dont keep and build up a little cash. I cant keep much as there is no room in here but my 'ornaments' are continually changing. So Thank you again for your help.
Pete. :-)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand