Author Topic: Ysart Bros odd cane  (Read 1150 times)

Offline Roger H

• Members
Re: Ysart Bros odd cane
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 11:21:06 PM »
     When did Richardsons start up, one book suggests the possibility of the last qtr of the 19th century? Roger.

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, 08:20:07 AM »

I think you need to interpret that book carefully, Roger.  The history of the Stourbridge area glass factories is very complex.  There were various members of the Richardson family engaged in glass making from about 1830s onwards, first as Webb & Richardson, later as the Wordsley Flint Glass Works. The book you have seen is probably referring to H G Richardson & Sons, who ran from around 1870 to 1930. They are the ones whose catalogues show some paperweights around the turn of the century.

Alan.
Alan
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  Abraham Lincoln.

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Roger H

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »
       Yes, see what you mean, the reference book is well known but is older than Bob Halls even, so I imagine there are many new updates since. Regards Roger.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk