No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Davidson Hob Nail Glass Tray  (Read 1509 times)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
Large Davidson Hob Nail Glass Tray
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:32:42 AM »
One of my latest buys is this large Davidson Hob Nail Tray or Platter.

The tray measures 12" x 9.5" and weighs 1366 gm.

The jug stands 8" tall and weighs 1224 gm

It seems to go very well with there large water jug and I am thinking I will look out for a couple of tumblers which will have more than enough room to fit on the tray

Roy

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Large Davidson Hob Nail Glass Tray
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 12:05:10 PM »
very attractive Roy  -  I assume this is what Chris Stewart describes as the 1885 Hobnail suite.    I don't know exactly how many different designs are included within this group, but some of the other are shown in the Davidson Glass book.         I'm always in two minds about standing glass on glass - seems a recipe for a breakage - although I've not had one yet :)

Offline mhgcgolfclub

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
Thanks Paul

Other designs are shown in Raymond Notley's book and it would seem most designs were made in Hobnail, I am sure fingers crossed the jug will be OK standing on the tray.

I do like to use my glass a few times a year Christmas being one of them as the picture shows. The tray the Yule log is sitting on is Henry Greener  one of there nicer designs I think, while the Christmas pud is also on the same Henry Greener design.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 06:06:28 PM »
good looking spread Roy  -  I'm sure that you're right, and making use of these pieces really is justified.    So we're all booked for your place next Christmas, o.k. :24:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand