No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: so this is pressed glass? - ID = Sowerby 2481 water jug  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: so this is pressed glass?
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 12:25:55 PM »
The fish plate may well glow. This matching bowl does http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=634

This is my Sowerby jug. It glows and looks a bit more yellowish than yours
http://lustrousstone.co.uk/cpg/displayimage.php?pid=874

Offline Hel

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 02:57:24 PM »
ohh I would like to  have the whole set of these fish!

here is a link to a picture of some fishy stuff I have, not all glass though.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-apUe7QmC1o0/TsBnKG3IeOI/AAAAAAAAAUI/GkWLvQ0Jhxw/s1600/DSC02694.JPG

Thanks!

Helga

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 03:49:20 PM »
the u.v. torches shown here have behaved well for me (and others I believe).......try    www.netpcdirect dot co dot uk..........substituting real dots and closing spaces. :)     If anyone gets one of these, it's possibly best to go for the 395nm wavelength version.     They seem to have reduced the price recently, and now Sterling £9.99, and with these larger torch varieties you can create enough glow to produce quite good pix for the GMB. :)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 04:36:25 PM »
Hi Helga.  I was lucky enough to acquire a set of the green fish dishes earlier this year and they do glow nicely under UV.  Keep a lookout on Ebay - that's where I got mine and for a not bad price (although sometimes the individual dishes seem to fetch good prices).
Nancy

Offline Hel

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
wow..yes i will look for those.

(I work at the marine institute..hehe)..

Helga

Offline Carolyn Preston

• Members
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, 12:54:39 AM »
Thanks all.

well, the winter solstice is just 1 week away and right now we have daylight (somewhat) for about 4 hours.

I could take it out at lunchtime when the sun peeks over the horizon...it seems very hard to get UV torches here in Icleand for some reason

thanks again

Helga

My heavens Helga, where do you live. I have enough problem here (southern Canada) with lack of daylight (sunrise just after 8 a.m. and sunset just before 4:30 these days). That's basically eight hours and it is not near enough for me

Carolyn

Offline Hel

• Members
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 12:38:39 PM »
Hi,

I live in Reykjavík Iceland!

We are used to it but some pple do have to use those daylight lamps to keep from going into depression

Helga

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 03:03:58 AM »
Helga - there is a set of four of the fish dishes for sale on Ebay - Buy it Now for not a bad price!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RETRO-60S-70S-FOUR-GREEN-GLASS-FISH-DISHES-/170768672958?pt=UK_Art_Glass&hash=item27c29b28be
Nancy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand