No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New member needs help to Id a vase  (Read 5404 times)

Offline questglass

• Members
Re: New member needs help to Id a vase
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 01:40:44 AM »
In reply to the post.  The outside of the vase is like satin sheets and even has the shimmery look that satin has.  It tickles kinda like satin.  I have seen satin pieces but this is the King of satin.  Yes the top and bottom are two separate pieces.  It has an opening which I think is for a few flowers or a small arrangement.  It doesn't look like a bottle missing it top.  The inside of the top is slick.  I could be wrong.  I seen the C leto guy in my search before the post.  I didn't find a connection either.  I try to do a in depth search before I get some help.  I have seen a bunch of glass but this piece is somewhat plain but what a feel and the colors.  The more I look at it and handle it the better I like it.  To bad computers can feel yet.  I will try to capture some better pics.  Thanks

Offline tam bam

• Members
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 06:42:52 PM »
Your bottle looked like satin glass to my eyes that is why I asked to make sure. I LOVE the feel of satin glass.  Good find!!!

tam bam

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »
New pics hope they turn out larger this time !!  New pic of the top and bottom connection. 

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2011, 10:04:36 PM »
Here is a closer look at the last signature !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand