No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New member needs help with bowl?  (Read 4077 times)

Offline questglass

• Members
New member needs help with bowl?
« on: December 13, 2011, 09:17:45 PM »
I know the bowl is gold fleck controlled bubble.  Does anyone know the maker?
Thanks

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
Re: New member needs help with bowl?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 10:10:14 PM »
Definitely Murano, but I'd wouldn't like to guess a maker. Could be a number of companies.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline cubby01

• Members
    • central USA
    • VintagePursuits
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
I agree with David.   I also have a suggestion.  I'm guessing the yellow tint in your photo was not the actual color, probably due to the type of lighting used.  Photo in natural light if possible but when not possible most digital cameras have a 'white balance' selection for different conditions, and many have a way to set the balance for most any kind of light source by pointing at a white board and setting a custom white balance.   Experiment a bit, it will make a huge difference
Pithy sig withheld

Site in progress: http://www.vintagepursuits.com/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 11:34:55 PM »
 :smg:  Nice Bowl!!

Yes show us some pics in bright light, we look forward to it!!  :thup:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 02:12:47 AM »
Or even easier is to just do a color balance on the photo to correct the yellow to white. This color happens quite often under incandescent light, which is yellow. Antiquerose, would you guess Barbini or Fratelli Toso for the bowl?
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:19 AM »
Or even easier is to just do a color balance on the photo to correct the yellow to white. This color happens quite often under incandescent light, which is yellow. Antiquerose, would you guess Barbini or Fratelli Toso for the bowl?

My guess --- I think would be Barbini on this bowl.  Not sure, but since I seem to have a knack of finding FT things -- I would go with Barbini.  Am I close, or not.

.............also sometimes IF my batteries are low in my camera I get a yellow tint to my pics.  Thank Gosh for rechargeable batteries, but I think over time you have to re-place them as just get old too like all of us.

Funny thing ..... I have a chirping Xmas ball here that was my Mom's and she has been gone for 10 years now -- and it is still the original battery from when she was alive.  I think they make batteries to run out now days faster.

Now back on track..............Who is the maker of this bowl?  My guess Barbini   
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
Is there a multitube of trapped bubbles in between the clear and white layer???...looking at the third pic...

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 01:25:24 AM »
In reply to kane_u_pain.  First from the bottom it is clear then many multi bubbles are throughout mostly the bottom thickness.  Then the control bubbles with the gold flecs on top.   The control bubbles lie just under the gold flec.   I will post new photo's in outside bright soon.   Thanks

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 06:00:47 AM »
Is this the bowl on eBay?

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2011, 10:12:29 PM »
In response to post yes it is on Ebay I may have it under priced what do you think David !!  New pics to post in outside light.  I don't seem to know what I am doing wrong when I post a pic?  I downloaded one from another post and used his or hers sizing and they still post small.  Anyone got a clue?  I use the same size and resolution.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand