No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Heavy pink bowl cased in clear crystal  (Read 3974 times)

Offline ardy

• Members
Re: Heavy pink bowl cased in clear crystal
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
Chris - in the second photo it looks as if the top is not flat, or most likely it is the camera at wide angle. If it is not flat then my theory of a powder bowl falls on that.

David  - I think you are right, it might not be ground. The second photo Chris posted doesn't clarify it. Chris have you any ideas?
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

Offline chriscooper

• Members
    • Harrogate UK
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:33:43 PM »
The Rim is flat and highly polished, almost looks like it's been sliced a bit like a fossil when they cut the stones in half and polish them up, my OH hates it says it looks like a set of false teeth  ;D
Maybe it was sliced from the 'whole' into 2 pieces ?

Chris

Offline ardy

• Members
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 10:08:15 PM »
My OH likes cheap glass, like those long necked perfume bottles with impossible dippers that sell on ebay for $5. So I have a continuous battle to keep them out of the house. Luckily she likes perfume more and I have found a couple of working Murano perfume bottles that she can put it into.

My theory still stands about a powder bowl but it is a fine piece of glass even as a normal bowl or ashtray.
Clean and Crisp a Murano twist.
Archimede tops my list.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand