No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New member needs help with bowl?  (Read 4075 times)

Offline questglass

• Members
Re: New member needs help with bowl?
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I ran across some other pieces on my search.  What about Bullicante being the maker I have seen some others similar?

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 11:53:52 PM »
Bullicante is the term for the technique for making the bubbles. It's a nice ashtray, and, while Barbini and Fratelli Toso are definitely possibilities, in the current market $59.00 would be a very good price to get on eBay.  The new pictures are much better. Listing with those pictures might be more successful. Good luck.

David

My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 01:31:38 AM »
I ran across a pdf of the March 2009 Murano Catalog and saw a Barbini bowl differnet color but I believe you may be right.  Barbino or Toso.  Thanks for the info. 

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 02:42:24 PM »
I ran across a similar ashtray in my files that was part of a smoker set. The folds were deeper, but the glass looked the same. The set in my picture was Barbini for Weil. So I would say there's a good chance it is Barbini from the early 60s.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline questglass

• Members
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 12:09:16 AM »
Thanks a bunch you folks everyone says Barbini I believe we have a winner !!  Thanks David and Anita.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand