No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard.... or Faux-megaard...?  (Read 2555 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaard.... or Faux-megaard...?
« on: March 08, 2006, 02:21:00 PM »
I bought the vase on the right as a bit of a curiosity...

...It looks ostensibly like the Holmegaard vase on the left (except for height, obviously!), but it is signed 'PS' or possibly, and perhaps aptly, 'BS' and doesn't quite come up to a Holmegaard finish (the base is wonky and there are two whopping air bubbles (visible underneath the signature)).

Any clues, anyone?

Offline Leni

• Members
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »
I have to say, it looks a little bit like the Chinese 'paperweight' vases, which are appearing on ebay at the moment, in shape :oops:  (I just bought a beautiful one from Simone - thank you :wink: )  

There is one on ebay now - item number 7399553151 (sorry, I don't know how to do the short link  :oops:  :roll: ) - which the seller seems to think is Scandinavian, so it seems the Chinese are currently trying to copy Scandi shapes, as well as Lotton floral vase / 'paperweight' work  :shock:  :roll:

Don't know about the P/B S though  :?

Edited to include link - thanks Frank  :D http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7399553151
Leni

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 10:53:12 AM »
It's a similar shape, but not quite so exactly a match for Holmegaard as mine seems to be. It was bought in Denmark too (although I'm sure the Danish get Chinese imports like the rest of the world does!).

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Re: Holmegaard.... or Faux-megaard...?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 06:12:34 AM »
Bumping for Nic (who can answer his own query better than anyone else now :) )

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 12:30:28 PM »
Oh, it's 100% Holmegaard - just a production second due to the unsightly bubbles.  ;D

This one's going back a while!

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 04:52:31 PM »
Yes, spent some time tidying up old threads today, and didn't want to leave 'possibly Chinese' as the verdict.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand