No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pearly off-white jagged bowl vase - ID = Kralik  (Read 2536 times)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
Pearly off-white jagged bowl vase - ID = Kralik
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:14:11 AM »
I am hoping to get an ID for this vase.  When I bought it I thought Kralik or Loetz, but have not been able to find anything on the internet to back this up.  It's a very dirty looking white (I thought cleaning it would brighten it up but it didn't) and has a pitted flat base.  Any info would be much appreciated.  Thanks.
Nancy

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Pearly off-white jagged bowl vase - Kralik or Loetz or ??
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 09:25:06 AM »
Hi --- not sure, but is it something like HERE   Looks like the one in the Pic there that is Kralik -- but I am just going by pictures, that is all

:huh:

Good Find !!  :thup:
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 09:57:56 AM »
Gosh Rose - that's it!  The jaggy one I mean.  I can turn and tilt my vase to the same angle as in the photo and all the bumps match up.  Is it safe to say that my vase is Kralik then?  Or were there copies made by others?

If genuine - any idea of dates produced.  Is this pressed?  Can I find a flower holder for it?

So many questions!

Thanks Rose!
Nancy

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
Gosh Rose - that's it!  The jaggy one I mean.  I can turn and tilt my vase to the same angle as in the photo and all the bumps match up.  Is it safe to say that my vase is Kralik then?  Or were there copies made by others?

If genuine - any idea of dates produced.  Is this pressed?  Can I find a flower holder for it?

So many questions!

Thanks Rose!

I just lucked out as I was over at Craig Site there looking around at the same time you posted.

Glad to *hear* all your *bumps* match up !!!   LOL         

Once you measure your vase opening wide, and the deep of the Rim (that a frog would fit perfect on/around)  ... I imagine Ebay might have one.  I think Ebay has everything, IMHO   :24:

Others will know more info/data than me, I just tried to match a pic.   :spls:  :pb: and got lucky ...
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 10:09:10 AM »
It's very pretty!  I have a ribbed one in the same finish and they are beautifully made and amazingly heavy in a way, given they look so delicate.  The casing is heavy and the interior is a thick good white.   You will find it very difficult though to find a matching frog.  If you do find one, buy it.  I need frogs for about four of my Bohemian glass vases and have been looking for 2 years to find any that fit.  Make sure you take the measurements of the grill diameter down and have them in your bag, then whenever you see one if you are out, you will know if it fits (speaking from the experience of not doing this and having frogs that don't fit!)
m

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 10:13:11 AM »
p.s. It's not pressed - it is mould blown.
m

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 10:17:24 AM »
Well I'm so glad you got lucky Rose.  That's an interesting site that I haven't seen before - I must have a good look at it.

It would be nice to find the right frog for it as it makes all the difference to its appearance.  As long as it doesn't cost more than the vase did . . . which wasn't much.

M - our posts have crossed.  I guess the trouble with frogs is that most people, finding they have a vaseless frog, would probably throw them it thinking it useless.  It's not really the kind of thing you'd give to a charity shop, but then who knows?  Some strange stuff does turn up.

(Plenty of frogs in my pond (large puddle really) but I don't think they'd quite fit.)

Thanks to you both!
Nancy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand