No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Crackle Glass, etc. ID = Various, all from the US.  (Read 3747 times)

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Crackle Glass, etc. ID = Various, all from the US.
« on: March 08, 2006, 06:12:19 PM »
I recently came across two boxes of glass we tucked away, in the dim dark past.  With the exception of the rosebowl by Northwoods, and a Fenton shoe, none of the glass was marked as to manufacturer, although I suspect that much if not most, came out of the Pilgrim Glass works some time in the 1950-1970's .

I would be particularly interested to discover the age and manufacturer of the amberina candy dish, and the 12" Swan Dish.  If memory serves, the dark green Swan dish, the two green cruets, the mustard, the ashtray and the salts were purchased as a "package deal."  The colors are a good match, which may or may not mean a thing.

At any rate, if everything works, the following link should take you to my album titled Crackle Glass and more. http://community.webshots.com/user/pauladk100

Mod: Link still active @ 9 Jan, 2010.

Offline glasswizard

• Members
    • Terry's Glass
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »
Well Paul, my first thought on the amberina was LG Wright, but can't find that shape in the book.
As to the swan, I think it could be Duncan and if so would date from the late 40s early 50s, again I think. Not much help I am afraid, but a place to start. Terry

Offline AlmasAttic

• Members
    • Remtique
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 09:57:56 PM »
New Martinsville (later Viking) also made those swan dishes.
Connie may know more on yours.

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 01:42:03 AM »
Thanks!  Using your leads, I found the Swan Dish.  The heart shaped amberina however still has me stumped.

Paul

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 08:09:37 AM »
Hi Paul,
I have a jug in the same colours as your dish and it was attributed to Rainbow Glass of West Viriginia.
Maybe worth a search.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Connie

Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 11:07:24 PM »
Sorry just got back from a business trip.

I think that Rainbow only made blown glass not pressed.

The bowl looks like an Indiana Glass pattern.  Are you sure the glass is amberina or is it flashed?

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 12:19:03 AM »
The bowl is definitely amberina.  It is not flashed.

Paul

Connie

Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2006, 12:40:15 AM »
No clue then, sorry  :cry:

Offline Paul ADK

• Members
Crackle Glass, etc.
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006, 01:14:43 AM »
Found!  I just found an advertised identical amberina dish complete with the factory label.  The label is that of L.E.Smith Glass Co. and the pattern is "Heritage."  I want to thank everyone for their help.

Paul

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand