Author Topic: Does anyone have a list of Caithness engravers and their initials?  (Read 658 times)

Offline herb_62

• Members
  • Glass Mad Annie
I would be incredibly grateful if anyone has a list of Caithness engravers and their initial "signatures".  DM, CT and HM I am reasonably confident about but can anyone enlighten me on AS or CB?  And for that matter any others  :rn:

Offline scavo

• Members
Re: Does anyone have a list of Caithness engravers and their initials?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 08:30:12 PM »

Offline herb_62

• Members
  • Glass Mad Annie
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 08:40:14 PM »
Yes it would be and I'm certain that's where I've got info before but everytime I try to log on lately it says Scotlands Glass is down for maintenance  :cry:

I'll keep an eye out and hope it gets fixed.

Annie xx

Offline jakgene

• Members
  • Mrs Doasyouwouldbedoneby
    • Mid 20 Century glass
    • Australia
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 11:33:30 PM »
From Mark Hill's book -Loch Heather and Peat,  which includes a list of some engravers;
AS could be either Annabel Smith, or Alan Sutherland
CB could be Christine Beaton or Catherine Burns.

Highly recommend Mark's book if you have an interest in Caithness Glass.

And re Scotlands people website. From Frank's earlier post it seems they need financial support to get up and running again with a different host site - If everyone with an interest in Scottish Glass donated a few Euros I'm sure they could be viable again soon. A great loss!

JAK
West Oz
jakgene
Western Australia
Mid 20 Century Glass
British Glass, Scandinavian Glass, Murano Glass,
Paperweights. (and anything gorgeous!)

Offline herb_62

• Members
  • Glass Mad Annie
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 12:11:13 AM »
Thanks for that.  Seriously considering purchasing Mark Hill's book.  If someone from Scotland's Glass wants to contact me I can maybe help with the hosting thing (no promises).  It was a very useful site  :cry:

Annie xx

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Gateway
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 03:10:16 PM »
New hosting is nearly finalised and it will take some time to get things moved over. The move should also solve all those failing searches and make it possible to continue expanding. We will eventually cover all the engravers... still a huge backlog of work.

Donation site is off line too at the moment as that is on the same rubbish hosting company. It seems Scotland's Glass was in the top 3  :clap: of their resource hungry sites and their unlimited everything policy only applied to small sites. While this move was planned anyway the actions of the hosting company are responsible for the hiatus and temporary loss of service. Our images database had nearly 300,000 views this year!
Frank A.
Please help preserve glass web-sites for posterity by donating to The Glass Study Association a non-profit organisation.
Scotland's Glass - Ysart Glass
Glass Zoo - Glass Study.COM
Commercial Czech

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search