No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Bagley Flower Trough  (Read 1892 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Bagley Flower Trough
« on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:46 PM »
Just thought I'd post this as I think it's the first I can recall seeing.   This appears to be the larger version at 11.5" long, and lucky to have survived with the flower support intact, as these centre pieces seem to suffer from damage and loss frequently.      Known as the Gum Leaf Pattern No. 3014, it has a very chunky pre 1940 shape, and although there appears to be no documented proof, it is suggested that this is a design by Alexander Hardie Williamson.   Not so sure that 'pink' is my favourite colour, but couldn't leave it behind, as I might not see another in such perfect condition :)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Bagley Flower Trough
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 08:55:35 PM »
I think might not see another is probably more accurate  :hiclp: :hiclp:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 09:25:12 PM »
thanks again, I hadn't appreciated it was that uncommon  -  I thought that having been made for quite a long period it wouldn't be that difficult to find.   It has a large footprint, but think I can live with that :)

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 07:14:27 AM »
I like your flower trough very much.  I like Bagley stuff, but have limited knowledge about their designs (rely on the www for info).  I think this particular design is quite lovely, and I like the pink too.  Lucky you!
Nancy

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 09:06:50 AM »
thanks Nancy  -  value wise I think it is still quite cheap, and one of its plus points is that it is found in charity shops quite commonly.     In fact I don't collect seriously, but just occasionally I see a piece that looks good and has a practical use.         If you like Bagley material then you should invest in the small booklet and CD  -  which from memory is quite inexpensive.    See the link below.   
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,19293.msg111486.html#msg111486

Offline wolkenreb

• Members
    • Edinburgh, UK
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »
Hi Paul.  Yes, Bagley stuff is quite cheap so I'm able to indulge myself now and then.  Being a 'jobseeker' as we're called, I have to look after the pennies, but maybe once I'm working again I'll treat myself to the book.  One of the (many) reasons this board is so invaluable is that it's a mine of freely given information. And such nice people too!!!  :)
Nancy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand