No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Proud owner of old favourite  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Roger H

• Members
Proud owner of old favourite
« on: January 01, 2012, 10:12:14 PM »
   Hi all, thought you might like to see a weight I bought fairly recently. I really love it, character and everything. I purchased it because I felt it was 1930s in origin and by PY. Any comments would be welcome on the discussion board. :smg: Roger

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline SophieB

• Members
Re: Proud owner of old favourite
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2012, 12:04:39 AM »
Hi Roger,

Yes, I agree an early Paul Ysart, but KevinH will confirm.

Nice way to celebrate the New Year!

SophieB

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2012, 01:40:54 AM »
Paul Ysart - yes. Early (pre-war) - yes.

Any chance of a straight-on photo of the whole base? Looks like the coloured ground is not properly round!

And the cane pattern does not seem to be properly centralised, but that might be the angle of the photo.
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Roger H

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2012, 06:32:47 PM »
 Hello again, Have no photos of base straight on at the moment and I normally take photos by natural light only, it keeps the colours as near as accurate as possible.
     The weight is 3.50 inches diameter and of the several photos taken from above they all distorted like this one showing an odd shape which is not really there, but it is quite round base colour wise, perhaps a little oval, yes having now measured it now, by an eighth of an inch extra one way.
     Looking from the top the whole cane pickup is slightly to one side. A couple of inclusions and two bubbles in the glass but quite acceptable for an early weight.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand