No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Wales slag glass vase  (Read 797 times)

Offline sceaj

• Members
Wales slag glass vase
« on: January 03, 2012, 03:05:12 AM »
I have this little yellow vase with a paper label that only says "Wales"It glows orange under a blacklight and has molded patterns as well as folds on the rim. What do you think it is? it looks fairly old to me. After some of the bad purchases I have made, I hope this will be interesting for the group

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline sceaj

• Members
Re: Wales slag glass vase
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »
I was advised to mention that I am Allen, a guy from South Carolina , who just started buying glass this year, from local consignment and thrift shops.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:29 PM »
Sorry can't help with the glass but it seems possible that Wales was an importer or retailer, there are different Wales labels on a couple of bowls in this thread: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,44492.0.html

John

Offline sceaj

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 03:19:56 AM »
Thanks, John. it never occurred to me that Wales would be a brand and not a country of origin. I bought it for next to nothing and it has a nice funky look.People on eBay seem to be asking more for Japanese glass than I would have expected. Is this a trend?

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:21:35 PM »
I've seen a purple one of these in a charity shop here (in Scotland). They must be getting around the globe.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

Earth without art is just eh.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:59:18 AM »
I wonder if it's any relation to this one.... http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,16072.0.html
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline sceaj

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 10:46:58 PM »
Yes that is it. The base and white streaks are the same,. The only differences are the color and the way the sides are pulled up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand