No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Caithness Mystique faceted-overlay paperweight how old???  (Read 1642 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Caithness Mystique faceted-overlay paperweight how old???
« on: January 06, 2012, 10:29:02 PM »
Purchased this fairly mundane paperweight for £3 a few days back not very exciting just wondered if anybody knew who or when it is like to of been made and by which designer?? Is it any good?? Not realy my thing paperweights should stick to vases! Its 535/750 limited edition.not the best pictures sorry. 2.5"tall and 3"wide.thanks

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Caithness Mystique faceted-overlay paperweight how old???
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:56:05 AM »
My little book says,Colin Terris 1979,that's all I know ;D ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline pooleandpaperweights

• Members
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 09:15:12 AM »
Youve done well at £3, but not brilliantly.  Prob worth something like £20 to £25.  Charlton catalogue says £85, but it is way out of date.  I normally half its price then take some more off, more for weights under £100.  Still, its  Colin Terris designed quite early limited edition weight for £3, cant go wrong!  Ohh, edition closed at 630 apparently.........

Ian

Offline Wuff

• Members
    • Scotland's Glass
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2012, 11:49:33 AM »
Hi - the scanned catalogue image on ScotlandsGlass shows a much more "pinky" weight - but colour changes are a typical problem with scanning printed images. Could you possibly take a few more images on white background to show the true colour ... and give us permission to use them on Scotlandsglass ;-) ?
Best regards - Wolf
Wolf Seelentag, St.Gallen
Interested in any aspect of Scottish glass? Have a look at Scotland's Glass.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
 :chky:
Thanks very much for your help in finding out about it i have sent some pictures directly to your email address et me know if you require any more, It does sady have a litte dink on the weight but if anybody would like it for there collection let me know say £8 or so or make me an offer?
thanks dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand