No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this a Fratelli Toso paperweight?  (Read 2228 times)

Offline albglass

• Members
Is this a Fratelli Toso paperweight?
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
Hi, I got this paperweight from an estate of a paperweight collector, but unfortunately, there is no label on it.  It has cogwheel millefiori with tiny placed bubbles between them.  The grouping is on a copper aventurine base.  It seems to be a high quality paperweight, and I was thinking it could be Fratelli Toso, but I haven't found pictures of labeled Fratelli Toso pwts on the Internet with a similar base.  Do any of you recognize the maker?  Thanks so much for your help!

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
Re: Is this a Fratelli Toso paperweight?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:33:09 AM »
 :hi: there:

Not sure who made it????? -- but FT would be a good guess IMHO.  I like the adventurine in it  :thup:

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,36862.0.html

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38862.0.html

Mods might want to move over to the PW section...maybe  ;) and might get more of a confirmation there!!

:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline albglass

• Members
Re: Is this a Fratelli Toso paperweight?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2012, 02:34:00 AM »
Oh, honestly, I don't know how I missed this thread--I did a search on "Fratelli Toso paperweight" and thought I clicked on all the responses, but obviously missed this one!   :-[   I guess I got sidetracked when one of the threads said to look at the Murano Project paperweight web page--I didn't see a really glittery base example there and must have forgotten to go back and check the rest of the threads.  The thread you referenced clearly shows a base like mine, so I am comfortable with the FT attribution.  Thanks much!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand