Author Topic: Scotland: Dazzle: a glossary of glass - from 4 March 2014  (Read 286 times)

Offline yelooc

• Members
Scotland: Dazzle: a glossary of glass - from 4 March 2014
« on: March 28, 2014, 10:02:54 PM »
'Dazzle: a glossary of glass' will bring together some of the best examples of locally made artisan glass including works from the Monart, Vasart, Strathearn and Caithness studios as well as contemporary Scottish art glass pieces. 

It will celebrate Perth's glass tradition, with the addition of some examples of the Museum's rarely seen collection of historic Venetian glass, which demonstrate how locally-produced glass sits within the context of European art glass.

The exhibition will also feature, for the first time, a small selection of Caithness Glass from the recent donation of the Graham Cooley Collection - an important and extensive private collection of over 300 pieces, generously gifted to Perth Museum and Art Gallery. The collection comprises works from all the company's principal designers and represents the most comprehensive gathering of Caithness Glass now in public ownership.

Mr Cooley said: "It gives me great pleasure that Caithness Glass and their designers and engravers will get the kind of public exposure they richly deserve through 'Dazzle' - this is a fantastic opportunity for their work to really shine.

"I was absolutely delighted to gift my collection to Perth Museum and Art Gallery - it seems very fitting to do so, as it brings these pieces back to their rightful place."

Admission to 'Dazzle' is free and Perth Museum and Art Gallery is open 10.00 am to 5.00 pm, Tuesday to Saturday.

http://www.pkc.gov.uk/article/8444/Come-and-be-dazzled-by-a-new-exhibition-on-local-art-glass

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com