Author Topic: Richardsons ink bottle?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Roger H

• Members
Richardsons ink bottle?
« on: January 10, 2012, 09:09:40 PM »
I believe this a Richardsons attribution but can anyone say for sure? Regards Roger.

Offline Roger H

• Members
Re: Richardsons ink bottle?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:20:10 PM »
  Hi, this is the stopper that came with the bottle.  Although I still believe it is Richardsons 1920s, surely it cannot be the correct stopper. Regards Roger.

Offline tropdevin

• Members
    • Paperweights
    • England
    • My Paperweights Website
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 08:54:49 PM »

Hi.

Both look like Richardson items to me too.

It is not unusual (apologies to Mr T Jones) to find stoppers and bases do not match in Old English bottles, but I think Richardson usually tried harder to get it right. Richardson stoppers usually have a fairly thin shank, if original (which is why so few have survived as stoppers rather than mini paperweights).

Alan
Alan
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."  Abraham Lincoln.

The comments in this posting reflect the opinion of the author, Alan Thornton, and not that of the owners, administrators or moderators of this board. Comments are copyright Alan Thornton.
 http://www.pwts.co.uk

Offline Roger H

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 10:11:43 PM »
    Thanks Alan its good to get a more rounded out idea about it, and yes the stopper had been through the mill when I got it, but its quite pleasant now to view. Roger.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk