No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Riihimaki Train Bottle  (Read 2685 times)

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Riihimaki Train Bottle
« on: January 11, 2012, 03:54:29 PM »
The below sale is for a Riihimaki Train Bottle, Vase - not seen one before but it looks OK with the Riihimaki name on the front. Is it a good buy or not for someone and any more details than seller gives on page.

Adam

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110803447664?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Riihimaki Train Bottle
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 04:26:07 PM »
Hi Adam,

There's some good info on these Verturipullo in the link below, including a few pics of some of my Verturipullo.  Generally they don't pop up for sale that frequently in the UK, seems a reasonable buy at the current price. The ones that I have seen sell before have all sold for around £30-£40, again with most Riihimaki, some colours are slightly more popular than others....

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,33242.0.html

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
£36.00 not a bad buy for soeone then - certainly within your ballpark figure Greg

Adam

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 09:38:09 PM »
That seems around the average for the ones that I have seen sell previously. Definitely a design that seems to be more popular in Finland than in the UK. I think they do look quite good in a group or displayed in front of other Riihimaki pieces, especially with the Riihimaki name proudly showing on the front.

:)

Offline sini

• Members
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 05:37:27 PM »
The price seems ok. I recently paid 43 euros for that bottle/vase in Finland. Some colours are more expensive (green, blue, pink). You should also check out the vases called Stella Polaris. They are quite popular here in Finland :) and very beautiful.

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 06:24:23 PM »
Hi Sini, thanks for your thoughts and just to say welcome to the GMB.

I haven't seen any Verturipullo in pink before that must be a fairly unusual colour..? I've had a couple of Nanny Still Stella Polaris in the past, I particularly like the uranium ones!

:)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand