No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Could this bowl be a Dino Martens Piece? Very Strange bottom and it is cobalt  (Read 2342 times)

Offline loveglass

• Members
Could this bowl be a Dino Martens Piece? Very Strange bottom and it is cobalt. I have never seen a bottom like this so it makes me wonder if it is even Murano. Thanks!!!

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
No, it isn't Dino Martens. A rumor was started a few years back that Dino Martens designed this type of glass for AVeM. The rumor was repeated in a couple of books, then soon was considered to be true. I wrote Marc Heiremans, an authority on Martens, 2-3 years ago to ask if any of the tutti-frutti pieces had been made by Martens. He said no.

After looking at the blue underside of your bowl, I am not certain that it is Murano glass. The base doesn't look polished and the circles are not something I would expect for Murano. I'd like to read other people's thoughts on this.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline loveglass

• Members
Thank you for your help. It does have a polished bottom just very hard to see it. The polished bottom is very scratched up.

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
I found a green Galliano Ferro bowl in my picture file that had circular "lumps" that look a lot like these. GF did a good bit of tutti frutti, so I wonder if it might be them.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline loveglass

• Members
Thank you, again.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum