No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Marinot? - No Lötz (a.k.a. Loetz)  (Read 2997 times)

Offline heartsnouveau

• Members
Is this Marinot? - No Lötz (a.k.a. Loetz)
« on: March 11, 2006, 01:54:36 AM »
When we got this we found an article on Marinot glass stuffed into it.  A well known "expert" suggested it might be Monart but we are pretty sure that is not the case.  The shape is very distinctive so I hope someone can give me an authorative opinion.  I can send further images to anyone who thinks they would be helpful  It is not signed and base is ground smooth.

http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/displayimage.php?pos=-1211 (Corrected moderator)

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Is this Marinot? - No Lötz (a.k.a. Loetz)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:42:26 AM »
Loetz Schaumglas is the first one I think of, although the shape is a bit 50s for glass produced in the 1930s. On no account would I attribute this to Maurice Marinot, that is probably wishful thinking by the previous owner.

Offline heartsnouveau

• Members
Otto Prutscher's Schaumglas (Foam Glass)? Value?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 12:26:46 AM »
Having been pointed in the right direction by Ivo (many thanks) we hit our Hathe Cantze Loetz book and found the distinctive stretched top is identical to the one shown as vase 246.    The strange thing is we have had a lot of Loetz through our hands but the article and then the "expert" opinion threw us from the obvious.  Now if anyone would care to give us an opinion, the same top is shown as Vase 123 as being designed by Robert Holubetz, and being quite rare. Would anyone venture an opinion as to whether it is designed by Holubetz or by Prutscher or someone else, and possible value.  BTW we have a Prutscher chandelier in our home with white moulded shades, are they likely Loetz?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand