No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: ZBS Miloslav Klinger ashtray c.1965  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: ZBS Miloslav Klinger ashtray c.1965
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 05:36:29 AM »
I think I might have been propagating a misconception.  The 1983/2 CGR attributes these pieces (with the side hole and double hole) to Josef Cvrcek.  Jindrich, in his Ceskoslovenske Sklo DVD, also attributes the design (or a similar design) to Cvrcek. 

BUT THEN in the 1984/3 CGR, items attributed to Cvrcek just a year earlier are attributed to Klinger.  From the editions Jindrich has available, I do not believe these pieces appear in any later CGRs.

:ho:  Mistakes are present in later CGRs.  Which attribution is correct?

P.S. Ross, the seller had 3 more citrin and virginit pieces. The 'famous' flat vase with 2 holes, a plainer vase, and a basket.  I was offered all 4 pieces for 100 PLN.  Unfortunately, the other two vases had multiple surface scratches on them, so I passed. I'm sure there are Kralik and Loetz items at my market, but I just haven't noticed.  I go through the market like thunder, only looking for post-war Czech items. My husband went with me for the first time yesterday -- he never knew I could move so fast and was shocked that I was ready to return home after 20 minutes.  :usd:   I'm very efficient.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 02:37:05 PM »
Mistakes are present in my posts too...  Klinger's first name was Miroslav and not Miloslav.   :pb:

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:53 PM »
I'm such a twit...  :spls:    It is Miloslav, with an l, not an r.  

Now if someone would kindly point me in the direction I left my brain, many would be highly appreciative.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2012, 10:48:09 AM »
No Skrdlovice today for me here on the Viennese fleamarket at minus 12°C :o
But I found this nice ZBS Neodymium ashtray, the version Robert mentioned with the extra compartment for matches or cigarettes...

I guess we still are not sure about the designer of these?

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2012, 11:07:32 AM »
Though neither of our ashtrays are on Jindrich's "Ceskoslovenske Sklo" DVD, he has got the similar-styled vase and a pipe-holder (or maybe it's an ashtray?) attributed to Josef Cvrcek. 

So I still don't quite know. :-\

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2012, 12:35:52 PM »
I'm terribly sorry... I just realised my above post is a repetition of what I've said earlier.   :pb:

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2012, 01:37:45 PM »
No problem, Anik -- thanks for your reply!

In Lesley Jackson's book is a picture of my piece in Citrin colour, but without mentioning a designer, unfortunately...

Michael

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2012, 09:19:20 PM »
Michael, I've just found your ashtray (in a different colourway) in the 1988/8 CGR.  It's attributed to Miloslav Klinger, and it's pattern number 7180.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand