No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Fake whitefriars Greek Key ? ID = OK Whitefriars  (Read 2161 times)

Offline fattystratty1

• Members
Fake whitefriars Greek Key ? ID = OK Whitefriars
« on: February 01, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »
Hi, I have just bought this Ruby Whitefriars Greek key vase off Ebay and I would like to know if it is a genuine whitefriars vase or not ? The main reason I have concern is the fact that the vase dose not have a polished out concave pontil mark . the vase is 7 4/5 inches high.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Re: Fake whitefriars Greek Key ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 11:11:32 AM »
A lot of the textured items dont have polished pontils , so yours is probably  ok . 

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Fake whitefriars Greek Key ?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:39 PM »
As John says, some of the textured items do not have ground and polished pobtil marks.  This Greek Kay is one of them.  It has a flat base with ripple circles on it.  Yours is fine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand