No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Little square blood-red/Gold-leaf dish Generic Murano???  (Read 3754 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Little square blood-red/Gold-leaf dish Generic Murano???
« on: January 22, 2012, 10:57:46 AM »
Bought this little piece with some other bits of murano just wondered as i know very little about murano glass if it was just a generic holiday makers bit rather than anything any good, The box of bits came from a lady and she bought them a good while ago all have a great deal of wear to base's. this bit is gold leaf on blood red glass you can also see like controlled bubbles near the lip of the bowl it is 4" square. Thanks for taking a look.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Re: Little square blood-red/Gold-leaf dish Generic Murano???
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 11:13:17 AM »
These are two other pieces i bought at the same time just thought id show them too!!

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 12:33:15 PM »
The style and colours in the last one have some similarities to Frantisek Zemek's "Rhapsody" range (although I have not seen this shape yet)

The other two pieces look very Murano to me :)

Michael

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
 :thup: Thanks Michael it does seem to have a resemblance to the linked range i have to admit mine does appear to be a litte stronger in the colour maybe, Thanks for reassuring me on the other two murano pieces thanks...

Offline langhaugh

• Members
    • My albums
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 09:06:57 AM »
To my eye, the first piece is the quality piece. It's based on Scarpa's design for Venini. In fact, I'd look at the base very carefully to see if there's an acid stencil mark there. I see what Michael means re Zemek, although I doubt it. Could be a much later version, though.

David
My glass collection is at https://picasaweb.google.com/lasilove

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 09:45:05 AM »
I will get the magnifying glass out better to be safe than sorry i recenty found an acid mark on a piece of crystal after looking for one for 3 months haha...I supose i should start a new post on the last piece but put it in the bohemian glass section...Thankyou i will let you know what i find. :hiclp:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 12:12:14 PM »
I've seen some bowls by Paul Harrie that look similar to your multi brightly coloured one in execution, but not shape.
Might be worth checking for any sig and also looking him up.
m

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 04:18:50 AM »
The first piece is a quality piece. Very stunning. The second I would consider generic. The third is very interesting as I have a similar multi coloured piece like yours...

http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,29377.0.html

These multi coloured pieces like mine and yours rarely pop up on ebay, and none with a label yet. I quite like these pieces.

Offline rocco

• Members
    • Vienna, Austria
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »
BRADBURY7308, could you perhaps add some more pics of the multicolour piece, so that we can see the colours and shape (and base) of it better?

If it has the 4 Rhapsody colours (blue, green, amber and rose) I would still vote for a later piece of this range; if not the additional pics might help in ID :)
Here is a bowl in Jindirch´s gallery which has some similarities...

Michael

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Hope these help more, How Am i gonna describe the colouring??Its difficult!! The heavy base is clear glass this encases a red and a navy blue line of coloured glass one goes to each tip of the prongs. This is the strange bit the section above where these colours are is like whitefriars sea green and not clear like the base?? Ontop of these main body colours their is an applied gloop of colour either side of the vase in amber and sky blue one on each side!! Quite an unusual lump id say any ideas???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand