No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Vaseline Mini Basket - Davidson Pearline? ID = Greener  (Read 2096 times)

Connie

Vaseline Mini Basket - Davidson Pearline? ID = Greener
« on: March 12, 2006, 11:50:48 AM »
Another piece purchased last weekend.  I can't find a reg. number on it.  Is it  English?  It doesn't look American to me.  It is 5.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 2.75 inches tall.

Basket

Mod: The image link above is broken. If you own this piece and still have the picture, please contact a moderator so that we can restore it to the thread.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Vaseline Mini Basket - Davidson Pearline?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 03:36:30 PM »
I think it may be Greener, if so it's a lucky find because they didn't make much pearline. Have a look here at one in plain vaseline - click on the vaseline glass link http://www.theglassman.co.uk/

Connie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:00:38 PM »
Christine -  Thank you!  I think you are right.  It looks like the Greener basket.

Is the coloration called Primrose?

In the US we would call it topaz opalescent or vaseline opalescent  :lol:

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2006, 10:06:25 PM »
Here we call it primrose pearline, topaz isn't often used as a colour and when it is tends to be a brownish yellow.

Offline mrvaselineglass

• Author
  • Members
    • http://www.vaselineglass.org
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 04:52:30 AM »
Connie
Christine is a little faster on the reply than me tonight (there was some good TV on).  Your basket is indeed Greener.  The Rd. # is 113896, registered on Nov. 15, 1888.  I have seen the basket in both opalescent and non-opalescent versions in this size.  It was also made in a much larger bowl, that came with a lid.  The big one reminded me of a small soup tureen, about 10 inches across the top, and measured about 7 or 8 inches in height.  I have only seen that one in vaseline without the opalescent treatment.
Dave
aka Mr. Vaseline Glass

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand