No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge Ruckl vase and a group of Art Deco Bohemian satin glass vases  (Read 4969 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
I do love a bit of colour  ;D the Ruckl vase is 10" tall by 6" wide  :o  the pink isn't satin glass but needs must  ;D
m

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Huge Ruckl vase and a group of Art Deco Bohemian satin glass vases
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 12:24:38 AM »
Oooo! not fair  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:58:39 AM »
Keith believe it or not, I tried to sell one of the vases. a long while ago before I had a collection and when I started my  clear out,  perfect condition and no one wanted it  ::)  then I found the blue and yellow one and decided to start a little collection.... as you do :-X
m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:18:00 AM »
Nice assortment of goodies.....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
Thank you both  :)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 10:44:14 PM »
Craig, if you read this, you added a photo on this linked topic with a pair of vases with Welz labels.  The top of them  is remarkably similar to my pink one in the above picture.  Could  my pink one be Welz perhaps? or even Ruckl?
just wondering
 :ooh:
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,38089.msg209748.html#msg209748
m

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 01:13:06 AM »
I do not know about the pink one....  There are some line drawings of some Ruckl decors which I have had for some time I received from Deb Truitt when I started work on the website. I have looked for a long time to match a piece of glass up to one of the more unusual shapes in the drawings but have not been able to do so.

Some have started attributing some spatter style glass to Ruckl based on the drawings, but I am not willing to attribute anything until I have a hard starting place with a match to a shape to see what the glass actually looks like that is depicted in the color drawings....  I am, at this point, not so sure that much Ruckl left Europe, and as a result of that their shapes may be difficult to find and match. All appearances are that Welz was imported to the US in quantities by Butler , so linking decors through shapes has been easier than  I think it will be with Ruckl.

I think that many, if not most companies, made some form of "Spatter" glass with pulls of sorts..... so without a shape link I do not know who made a lot of this...  To me so much of it looks alike that attributing it arbitrarily, especially based on color line art, is questionable....

Wish I could be more help on this one.... but not yet.....  maybe someday....  :thup:

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2012, 11:27:00 AM »
ah, thought so - thanks so much for replying  :) I find it difficult trying to match catalogue drawings with anything.  If it doesn't look exactly the same I have doubts  ::) The satin finish on all of my vases is different.  The two vases that look the same shape have the same finish, but all the others are different.  The lidded box and the blue with yellow spatters are slightly iridescent and are good quality, but aren't the same finish as each other.  The Ruckl is completely flat, an odd finish although I love the vase.  I actually don't come across these satin finish pieces very often at all.
m

Offline rucklproject

• Members
    • Czech glass
    • Canada
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 03:12:35 PM »
Seems after some research into the more current information about Ruckl Czech glass, 5 out of 7 of your pieces could be attributed to A. Ruckl, the pink vase and the enameled orange box are unknowns. Is this 100% reliable, no. I would say 75% at the moment.
Similar situation with Czech glass such as the Kralik open 'o' signature mark which was judged at having a 60% to 70 % reliability factor in the Bohemian Glass Volume II, Truitt book, page 123.
It's easy to disagree, not so easy to change your mind.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand