Author Topic: Faberge Style Crystal Cut & Etched Paperweight I.D Required  (Read 525 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Faberge Style Crystal Cut & Etched Paperweight I.D Required
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:47:02 PM »
Hi all, 

Can anyone identify this faberge style crystal cut paperweight? 9cm in height, flat base 3.8cm dia.  Base is highly polished with curved smooth edge.  Weighs slightly over 500kg.  Researched similar types of paperweights but unable to find one with this pattern design.  Any help is appreciated!
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Faberge Style Crystal Cut & Etched Paperweight I.D Required
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 12:55:02 AM »
Looks like a candle holder,would think more likely Webb Corbett than Faberge ;D

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:08 AM »
Hi, thanks for your attribution to this post.  I am enclined to agree with you.  I was unsure as to whether it was designed for a candle or pen.  I initiall thought it would be for a pen as I was able to identify one similar on Ebay. Item no.  140693076459.  I will most definately proceed down the lines that it is a candle holder unless specified otherwise.   Once again, thanks!!
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline jamalpa36

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 09:39:03 AM »
Hi

Very Heavy for Webb ;D ;D

Roy

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 01:54:19 PM »
AArgh,just noticed that :o,this one's 1.5 kg so Webbs can be heavy but not that heavy!

Offline jamalpa36

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »
Hi

That last photo is a Vesta Holder with a strike surface round the top

Roy

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 06:58:18 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out.  The weight was for another item I was about to  post.  The weight for this paperweight is just over 800g which is a significant difference to the 1.5kg.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 07:28:36 PM »
Roy,that's what I thought,the hole flares out towards the top so would be useless as a candleholder ;D

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com