No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kosta, Kosta Boda or Kosta Glasbruk Candle Holder?  (Read 2237 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Kosta, Kosta Boda or Kosta Glasbruk Candle Holder?
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:07:29 PM »
I wonder if someone can help me with this one.   I am unable to find the company that made this crystal candle holder.   Is it Kosta Glasbruk, Kosta Boda or Boda.   The reason for my query, is that the markings to the base  read as Kosta.  Where on other pieces I've seen before and of not this particular design, read as Kosta Boda.   I am aware that Kosta Glasbruk was founded in 1742 and then merged with Boda and Afors in 1976.  A number of sites I have visited, state that Kosta Boda was also founded in 1742.   This is not strictly true. Surely this is incorrect? ::).   This has made it difficult for me to date this piece and establish who the maker is.   There is a No. also inscribed on the base, which I think reads as 0 5742.  Having tried variant connotations, I am still no further in extracting the info, needed to Id this piece.   Can anyone help me please.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Re: Kosta, Kosta Boda or Kosta Glasbruk Candle Holder?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:09:49 PM »
Additional pics. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand