No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Loetz fans and experts, ident required! large Cocktail shaker + glasses  (Read 4164 times)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Well Andy here is the decanter, Cobalt, but same one, same decoration. Not yet IDed as to manufacturer.

Mod: Links to clicksnipwow removed as site is no longer connected to glass. Please visit http://chataboutdg.com/forums/ and use the search function instead

Offline Andy

• Members
Thanks very much Ken   :hiclp: :hiclp: :hiclp:
Youve helped me get very close on this one, after 2 years!
Not much doubt that Rockwell did most and probably all of the Metalwork,
colours and Tango i reckon date it to circa 1920.
Glass , Bohemian, i presume the blanks imported to the USA, it would be nice to confirm
maker of glass, im leaning towards Harrachov, after having a bee in my bonnet for Loetz all this time,
sorry about that everyone whos helped me :-[ !
I think mines a lot more impressive than the Blue one in Kens link!
I will think what to do with it now, maybe look out for a good Art Deco auction in London some time,
It deserves to go to a keen Deco collector ;D

All views on the signature,welcome.
Thanks all,
Andy

"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline deco.queen

• Members
    • Marvelous Metal
Deco collector here!!  See my site; http://decoqueen.fortunecity.com/index.html. Mod: Link not working 

I drool over these sets every time I see one but they are always over my price range  :cry:.  The link for the cobalt one is the American site that some of us belong to so if anyone ever has time to roam around our unknowns and ID them just let me know!!   ;)
Janice, Deco Queen
"The Fabulous World of Farberware" available at Amazon

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: Loetz fans and experts, ident required! large Cocktail shaker + glasses
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2012, 03:46:13 PM »
Just watching Dickinsons real deal,ITV UK TV (sad i know  :P)  another of these cocktail shakers just came up, the dealer
 on the show, Michael Hogben, straight away took out the top bits, the pourer and bits, and says that doesnt go with
the vase !! Ha Ha! He liked it , offered £250 and didnt want the discarded top ! The seller refused, and went to auction,
he had a reserve of £500, got to £480, (with the complete shaker parts! )  lots of interest and Dickinson thought it was worth
£500.
The seller had raised his reserve from £400. His Father found it many many years ago, during the war when he worked in
London doing a bit of wheeling and dealing !
More silvering than mine, but apparently the red finial is bakerlite, not as nice as mine !

Just had a good idea  ;D  Great thing about Sky plus, heres some photos !!
Andy

( I cant possibly imagine theres any copyright problems ! )
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Loetz fans and experts, ident required! large Cocktail shaker + glasses
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
Rockwell would not have added any markings but theirs & your shaker is relatively well known to be Czech over here simply by the "made in" mark. Rockwell used Czech imports from time to time & was in business to at least 1950 as blanks have been found decorated by them that didn't exist until that time. Very high quality shaker set that commands good money over here. Bye the way the guy on your UK show must be dim witted although I will have to admit I've seen a few of the bottoms in malls where sellers were trying to move them as vases.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand