No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Genuine Fazzoletto ????????  (Read 2842 times)

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
Genuine Fazzoletto ????????
« on: February 06, 2012, 08:48:34 PM »
Murano glassware has always eluded me and i struggle to notice quality pieces so i thought id better list this here as ive only just found the name for these FAZZOLETTO anyway it seems a very lightly made thing quite crisp if a little boring not as intricate shaped as some ive seen while looking for it, I think the word is a little reserved??? Anyway it was not too expensive and i would ove to know if its a genuine murano piece or a cheaper cousin??? The vase is slightly over 3" tall and has a small sharp pontil scar the colour is yellow threads with a :smg: narrower red thred inbetween this can be felt as ridges on the glass. Any info much appreciated thanks

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Genuine Fazzoletto ????????
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »
It's a fazzoletto because that just means handkerchief, as to whether it's Italian, I wouldn't like to say.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:55 PM »
I did actually google for the vase using hankerchief as my search term and found fazzoletto eventually thankyou  :sun:

Offline MuranoArtGlassChandeliers

• Members
  • Italian Decor and Glass Lights website
    • Murano Glass plus Antiques
    • Australia
    • Murano Art Glass Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 12:16:06 PM »
By the way the Pontil has been snapped off the base, I would say that this is a Chinese copy of a Fazzoletto vase and being able to feel the red glass is definitely not something you can feel on quality Murano pieces

Dean
Dean
CEO and Owner
Italian Decor Glass Lights
http://www.italiandecor-glasslights.com
salesandsupport@italiandecor-glasslights.com

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
O darn haha oh well i get awfully frustrated with the chinese why dont they just make there own signature glassware its not as if they dont have any creative people is it, Thankyou for helping me understand a bit more about murano  :smg:

Offline soledivo

• sir. or lord. your higness would be nice
  • Members
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2012, 08:09:59 PM »
being able to feel the red glass is definitely not something you can feel on quality Murano pieces
,   excuse me what ????, 

please enlighten me on this little gem of knowledge.   
martin

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2012, 09:17:26 PM »
I've a few Venini items that would be consigned to the charity shop if the above "definite" assertions about surface texture and base finish were taken at face value. Even the finest pieces of Fulvio Bianconi decorated a fasce have some surface irregularities.

::)

Not that I'm saying the vase in question is Venini, of any great quality (sorry), or even not from China... but broad generalisations such as above are apt to confuse or mislead.

Offline BRADBURY7308

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2012, 09:46:37 PM »
Hi Guys might be my description thats a bit off i meant the yelow and red colours on the vase  stand ever so sightly proud from the main clear glass ever so slightly, The vennini ribbon fazzoletto's i had looked at on google i think this might be someone trying to cash in a famous company like vennini's design know-how!!

Offline kane_u_pain

• Members
  • I don't prood read or spell check!
    • SVdA, Japanese Glass
    • Sydney, Australia
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 03:08:23 AM »
By the way the Pontil has been snapped off the base, I would say that this is a Chinese copy of a Fazzoletto vase and being able to feel the red glass is definitely not something you can feel on quality Murano pieces

Dean

:o http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,39053.0.html

I guess someone forgot to tell Dino Martens that!

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
I agree it is not a great fazzoletto. I would say it is Chinese or later Italian. But I disagree so much with the remarks about the pontil and the relief of the filaments. Snap pontils and filaments applied a fasce or thinly cased are very common for Murano glass.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand