No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: date request for Kluk Kluk/kuttrolf decanter.  (Read 1480 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: date request for Kluk Kluk/kuttrolf decanter.
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
my thanks to both of you for all the help :)  -  well, at least I got the date part almost right if nothing else.     The mark shown on Great Glass is probably the most accurate.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2012, 12:14:50 PM »
I understood from here that Moser took over a glass manufactory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moser_(glass_company)
The reference for that is http://openlibrary.org/books/OL316841M/The_art_of_glass

I'll look in the book when I get home, but Moser does massage its own history a bit though.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2012, 12:30:12 PM »
I had a quick look at the online version for the Arwas book, but there aren't any viewable pages regarding this online for the book. (I'd love a copy of that book)
Truitt's says
'After several years of refusal, Moser was finally given permission to build his own glass manufacturing facility in Dvory, near Karlovy Vary.  ...'
and
'With the opening of the glass house in Dvory (in 1893), the company was reorganized as a private stock company and named 'Karlsbader Glasindustrie Gesellschaft, Ludwig Moser und Sohne'.
m

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2012, 02:55:32 PM »
had occasion to go back to the same source from whence came this one, and surprised to see I had missed another one when I was buying yesterday.    Holmegaard, and with the label intact, but sadly no stopper - so if anyone has a spare stopper I'd be more than happy to buy :)       I've seen this bent version before, but forget offhand whether it has a particular name.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2012, 06:59:13 PM »
The Moser book indicates that Moser built his glassworks; interesting what a less than careful choice of words or phrases out of context can lead to. Took over may be an inaccuracy in translation, as the Moser book says the official inspection, i.e., the hand over, was in 1983.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand